Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Raihan Jamal <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/20 01:18:39 UTC

Performance Difference between Cassandra version

I am trying to see whether there will be any performance difference between
Cassandra 1.0.8 vs Cassandra 1.2.2 for reading the data mainly?

Has anyone seen any major performance difference?

Re: Performance Difference between Cassandra version

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> I am trying to see whether there will be any performance difference between Cassandra 1.0.8 vs Cassandra 1.2.2 for reading the data mainly?
1.0 has key and row caches defined per CF, 1.1 has global ones which are better utilised and easier to manage.
1.2 moves bloom filters and compression meta off heap which reduces GC, which will help.
Things normally get faster.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant