Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/01 04:33:48 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 1.0.3 (rc1)

+1 (binding)

> source

- verify file (signature, MD5, SHA)
-- source, tar.gz : OK
-- source, zip : OK

- extract file
-- source, tar.gz : OK
-- source, zip : OK

- diff-ing extracted files between tar.gz and zip : OK

- build source with JDK 7
-- source, tar.gz : OK

- build source dist
-- source, tar.gz : OK

- build binary dist
-- source, tar.gz : OK

> binary

- verify file (signature, MD5, SHA)
-- binary, tar.gz : OK
-- binary, zip : OK

- extract file
-- source, tar.gz : OK
-- source, zip : OK

- diff-ing extracted files between tar.gz and zip : OK

- launch daemons : OK
- run RollingTopWords (local) : OK
- run RollingTopWords (remote) : OK
 - activate / deactivate / rebalance / kill : OK
 - logviewer (worker dir, daemon dir) : OK
 - change log level : OK
  - thread dump, heap dump, restart worker : OK
 - log search : OK
- run WordCountTopology (multilang, remote) : OK
- run StatefulTopology (local) : OK
- run StatefulTopology (remote) : OK
- run StatefulWindowingTopology (remote) : OK

Found two bugs here which are not blocker:

1. visualization: it doesn't show graph correctly while worker is being
initializing, and below error message is printed on console, which I think
is long-lasting bug.

2. running topology with local cluster doesn't terminate after cluster
shutdown: Took stack trace, and found some non-daemon threads are live:
Async Localizer, Localizer Cache Cleanup x 2.

I'll file two issues afterwards.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2017년 2월 1일 (수) 오전 5:55, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by Harsha Chintalapani <st...@harsha.io>.
+1
Tested in 3 node vagant cluster and ran few example topologies. Looks good
and verified the signature of artifacts.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

On Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 2:58:44 AM CST, Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:FYI: both issues are filed to STORM-2335

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.