Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jim Dibble <jd...@amberpoint.com> on 2003/07/29 07:01:59 UTC

Calling an EJB from axis without the EJB client jars

I am exposing a stateless session bean as a web service, using axis's
EJB support (as described on the FAQ/Wiki topic Custom Development
Questions #22).

I am hosting my axis web application in a different container (Tomcat)
than the EJB itself (WebLogic).  This is because I don't have control
over the WebLogic container (I cannot deploy axis to it). Everything
works, as long as I include the ejb-client jars in my axis/WEB-INF/lib
directory.

My question:  Is it possible to instruct axis to perform dynamic
invocation of the EJB?  I would like to call the EJB without including
the ejb-client jars in the axis container, so that I don't have the
maintenance overhead of copying the ejb-client jars whenever the EJB
changes.