Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org> on 2003/06/10 11:54:45 UTC

Moving [mod_]dav_svn.h, WAS: RE: svn commit: rev 6180 - trunk/subversion/mod_dav_svn

[...]
> Log:
> Get into sync with Apache module naming convention.
>
> * subversion/mod_dav_svn/mod_dav_svn.h:
>
>   Renamed from subversion/mod_dav_svn/dav_svn.h.

I was actually contemplating if we should move it all the way
up to /subversion/include.  Right now, the header file isn't
installed anywhere, so to build modules on top of mod_dav_svn
you always need the source tree.

Thoughts?

Sander

Re: Moving [mod_]dav_svn.h, WAS: RE: svn commit: rev 6180 - trunk/subversion/mod_dav_svn

Posted by Thom May <th...@planetarytramp.net>.
* Justin Erenkrantz (justin@erenkrantz.com) wrote :
> --On Tuesday, June 10, 2003 1:54 PM +0200 Sander Striker
> <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I sort of think it should be installed with mod_dav_svn into the httpd
> includes.  I'm not entirely sold on placing it in the Subversion tree, but
> yeah it probably needs to go somewhere to be helpful.  I'm not entirely
> comfortable installing it into httpd's includes either, but I just think
> that's slightly better than installing it into Subversion's install dir.
> *shrug*  -- justin

I'd tend to argue the reverse, tbh - it's a subversion header file, thus it
should stay with subversion's install. principle of least surprise and all
that.
presumably anyone building on top of mod_dav_svn is going to need svn's
includes anyway?
Cheers
-Thom

Re: Moving [mod_]dav_svn.h, WAS: RE: svn commit: rev 6180 - trunk/subversion/mod_dav_svn

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.