Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Stephen Cameron <st...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/30 10:46:06 UTC

Securing a publicly accessible Isis app

I have an isis app that will be publicly accessible.

I'd like to make is as secure as is reasonable.

Use of SSL is necessary of course.

Internet banking sites seem to make do with password authentication, but
expire dormant sessions very promptly and not show any account details in
the UI (so someone can see the account name and guess the password). Is
similar possible in Apache Isis?

I need to disable the RESTful objects interface too.

Thanks for any suggestions or tips.

Stephen Cameron

Re: Securing a publicly accessible Isis app

Posted by Ahmed Ragab <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephan,

In addition to the previous answer you can also set the servlet session timeout as follows in the web.xml
<session-config> <session-timeout>30</session-timeout></session-config>

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Ahmed Ragab <ah...@gmail.com>.

Sent from my iPhone

Should be configurable through apache shiro in the shiro.ini file. Here is a link for the documentation http://shiro.apache.org/session-management.html#SessionManagement-SessionTimeout