Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2007/10/13 17:54:46 UTC

Shipping method for specific products?

We have some products that are going to be FREE to ship for the customer via UPS Ground Express.  This will be the only option for the customer to choose on checkout for these products.

I see in the product config page, I can set a "Charge Shipping" shipping and if I set this to Y, I get the "No Shipping - $0.00" option, which in a way, implies there is no shipping.  I would rather have "UPS Ground Express -FREE" displayed here.

Is there a way to associate specific shipping methods available to products?  This would be the best way, as I see it.  I could create a shipping method (UPS Ground Express, Free) and associate this to the products that I wish to have shipped this way.

Thanks!