Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> on 2003/06/16 21:41:12 UTC

Broken IMLAuthenticator

Hi

I just realised that the IMLAuthenticator wasn't really broken, but the
authenticate interface has been
modified.

PLEASE, don't change interfaces just like that.  Publications (resp.
people) depend on them!

In case you ever want to change an interface, 1) let's discuss it,
2) deprecate the old and create the new, 3) test it with the existing
reference/sample publications.

Thanks

Michael

Re: Broken IMLAuthenticator

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> writes:

> I just realised that the IMLAuthenticator wasn't really broken, but
> the authenticate interface has been modified.

Are you sure it wasn't broken? I thought it wouldn't let you log in if
you did not have the groups and roles defined.

> PLEASE, don't change interfaces just like that.  Publications
> (resp. people) depend on them!

Ok, sorry. I needed a way to pass the publication into the
authenticate method so I could get the UserManager.

> In case you ever want to change an interface, 1) let's discuss it,
> 2) deprecate the old and create the new, 3) test it with the existing
> reference/sample publications.

Let's discuss the interface.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich