Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Firas Adiler <ta...@idigna.com> on 2006/07/26 19:34:34 UTC

What transaction manager to use?

Hello,

There's a system which uses an embedded Geronimo as its transaction manager
(JNDI is off). I'm writing iBatis code which should operate on the same
database. The dabase and my code will run on the same machine, no
distribution is used.

My question is: Can I use SQLMap's transaction manager or should I call
Geronimo through JNDI?

Thanks for your time!

</Firas>

Re: What transaction manager to use?

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
If you're using Geronimo (or any app server) with some sort of declarative
transaction manager (session beans, spring etc.), then you might just want
to use EXTERNAL.  Experiment with EXTERNAL and JNDI to see which works best
for you.

Cheers,
Clinton