Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Robert Eberhardt <ro...@werum.de> on 2008/06/19 14:51:45 UTC

FOP with CMYK colors

Hello,

Is it possible to use a cmyk color value for example a background color.

                                                           Kind regards
Robert Eberhardt

Re: FOP with CMYK colors

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Jun 19, 2008, at 14:51, Robert Eberhardt wrote:

> Is it possible to use a cmyk color value for example a background
> color.

In FOP 0.95 this should be possible, IIC. You can use the cmyk()
function for that. Note that this function is not defined in the XSL-
FO standard, so may make your FO non-portable to other implementations.

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas

Re: FOP with CMYK colors

Posted by Luis Ferro <ki...@gmail.com>.
I used FOP 0.94 and at the time, it couldn't use CMYK.

A few updates later, some patchs introduced CMYK into FOP (but haven't
tested it yet).

I resorted to "color" tricks (selecting special RGB colors that when
converted to CMYK, would produce the special values i needed into the color
channels).

I found a tool to make the convertion (
http://store.apago.us/pdfenhancer.html) that worked very well, if i didn't
forget to turn off all "optimizations".