Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Scott McCoy <ta...@cpan.org> on 2006/02/15 23:01:33 UTC

Passing information between requestFlow handlers

I am using Axis 1.3,

    I am having some trouble passing information between the requestFlow
handler and the operation handler of my webservice.

    I am generating most of my code using WSDL2Java, and then providing a
modified version of the generated WSDD to insert a requestFlow handler that
peers into my SOAP Header and looks for an element representing the
credentials.  If this fails, I throw an AxisFault to stop the request and
generate a SOAP Fault response.
    The problem I am having is that in my implementation of my operations, I
need an object to integrate with our local utility classes for performing
the functions that are needed.  One of these that I need is an object by the
name of CustomerInfo.  This object, is extractable from the other model
layer object I used to verify the credentials before allowing the request to
continue, but my problem is this:  How do I pass data between the two
handlers?

    Thanks,
    Scott S. McCoy

Re: Passing information between requestFlow handlers

Posted by Scott McCoy <ta...@cpan.org>.
Store it in the MessageContext.

MessageContext context = MessageContext.getCurrentContext();
context.setProperty("...", object);

- Scott S. McCoy