Posted to users@flex.apache.org by peetor <mr...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/31 15:24:35 UTC

Overzealous truncation of mx labels

Hi guys,

Just updated to latest SDK (4.12.1) and I'm seeing in an application using
mx components various erroneous truncation occurring on form item labels and
regular labels (when there should be space to resize layout and fit in all
text). It's happening on forms, left aligned and right aligned labels that
all have plenty of surrounding space so as not to require truncation.

Is there an easy work around someone can suggest as the updated SDK adds
brilliantly crisp fonts and would be nice to keep it

Thanks
Peter

Re: Overzealous truncation of mx labels

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Please file a JIRA issue with the source and SWF that displays fuzzy text.
 I want to understand that before I continue exploring the truncation
issue.

Posted by peetor <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by peetor <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by peetor <mr...@gmail.com>.
Yes I ticked all the options; though on previous installs I ticked all the
options too. So unless it was newly added(?) would be confused why it broke
truncation on this install...

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by peetor <mr...@gmail.com>.
Updating the SDK

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by peetor <mr...@gmail.com>.

Archive 3.zip (155K) <http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/attachment/6721/0/Archive%203.zip>

Re: Overzealous truncation of mx labels

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by peetor <mr...@gmail.com>.

Archive 2.zip (92K) <http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/attachment/6719/0/Archive%202.zip>

Re: Overzealous truncation of mx labels

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by peetor <mr...@gmail.com>.
Here you go - hope it helps

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by peetor <mr...@gmail.com>.
I’ve tried replicating it in a simple standalone test case but thus far I’m unable to… In a simple test case with a small amount of the same code the overzealous truncation didn’t occur (I tired a very small resource bundle but still no dice)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.