Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sa Li <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/06 23:27:38 UTC

config for consumer and producer

Hi, All

I am testing and making changes on server.properties, I wonder do I need to
specifically change the values in consumer and producer properties, here is
the consumer.properties

zookeeper.connect=10.100.98.100:2181,10.100.98.101:2181,10.100.98.102:2181
# timeout in ms for connecting to zookeeper
zookeeper.connection.timeout.ms=1000000
#consumer group id
group.id=test-consumer-group
#consumer timeout
#consumer.timeout.ms=5000

I use defaults for most of parameters, for group.id, it was defined as "A
string that uniquely identifies the group of consumer processes to which
this consumer belongs. By setting the same group id multiple processes
indicate that they are all part of the same consumer group."

Do I need to define many consumer-group here?
For producer, we are not user java client, it is a C# client sending
message to kafka, so this producer won't be matter (except I am doing
producer test locally), right?

producer.type=sync
compression.codec=none

Thanks
--

Alec Li

Re: config for consumer and producer

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
For the consumer group setting, you probably want to read up the doc on
this a bit (http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#introduction). For
the producer, you need to know what config options the C# client provides.
Our documentation is only for the java producer.

Thanks,

Jun