Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rodolfo García Esteban/CYII <rg...@cyii.es> on 2005/06/02 13:56:13 UTC

The Action form in request during several actions

Hi all,

I´m using struts 1.2.4, I use the same ActionForm bean for several for
example. I use the form bean for input the name, I do the select to
database and I put a list into the same form bean for show the results in
other jsp. From this JSP I check for delete some rows and put the data in
the same bean. OK? I use the same bean. In struts-config, <action .. /> I
ever set scope="request". But sometimes the action checks the request,
find the bean and reuse it, but other doesn't find and it create a new
bean, I can't understand why sometimes it find the bean and sometimes
doesn´t find, if the bean is ever in the request?

Thanks
________________________
Rodolfo

Re: The Action form in request during several actions

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Rodolfo:

have you looked at DynaActionForm and override reset method to prevent
re-initialisation of bean?

Saludos Cordiales,
Martin-
EEUU

Posted by John Fitzpatrick <jo...@vitarara.net>.
Rodolfo,

Anything in the "request" scope will go away as soon as the response is sent
to the client. If you want something to stick around between requests for
that client, you want to put it into the "session" scope.

John