Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Hank Croskey <hc...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/19 09:32:19 UTC

OpenMeeting 1.9.1 - Email Issue - Forgotten Password / Registration

Being new to OpenMeetings, this may be a simple configuration
oversight on my part, but I am having a slight email issue.

Our new OpenMeetings server is on our local LAN (local IP address)
behind our firewall and the fire wall handles the port forwarding.
The problem is when users access the site and select 'Forgotten
Password' or 'Not a Member' on the home page.  When they receive the
email containing the link to reset their password or confirm their
registration, the link uses the local IP address of the server in the
link and not the FQDN, for instance;

http://10.0.1.1:5080/openmeetings/main.swf8.swf?lzproxied=solo&hash=e9e2b82b413466b04d8d5737e175

Users outside of our LAN cannot access this link so is there a way to
substitute the IP address for the FQDN? For example;

http://testserver.com:5080/openmeetings/main.swf8.swf?lzproxied=solo&hash=e9e2b82b413466b04d8d5737e175

Many thanks for any support that can be offered.

Re: OpenMeeting 1.9.1 - Email Issue - Forgotten Password / Registration

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
All uses should use the same IP / Domain to connect to the application.
So if you internal users use the public domain/IP to access OpenMeetings
everything should be fine.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner