Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org> on 2008/08/14 22:03:46 UTC

[Idea] reCAPTCHA JSF component

Just came across the http://recaptcha.net/ website and wondered if
anyone is willing to develop (and contribute) a reCAPTCHA JSF
component for Tomahawk?

>From the website:
"reCAPTCHA is a free CAPTCHA service that helps to digitize books.
A CAPTCHA is a program that can tell whether its user is a human or a
computer. You've probably seen them — colorful images with distorted
text at the bottom of Web registration forms. CAPTCHAs are used by
many websites to prevent abuse from "bots," or automated programs
usually written to generate spam. No computer program can read
distorted text as well as humans can, so bots cannot navigate sites
protected by CAPTCHAs."

Shouldn't be that difficult. There are already some implementations
for different languages/systems but none yet for JSF:
http://recaptcha.net/resources.html

So, when beijing08 bores you - this is your opportunity!   ;-)

--Manfred

Re: [Idea] reCAPTCHA JSF component

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Don't we have a captcha component already?

http://www.irian.at/myfaces-sandbox/captcha.jsf

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
Let me check what should be added, and I will attach this feature soon to
the <t:captcha> ;).

--
Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed
http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog

Re: [Idea] reCAPTCHA JSF component

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.

> of course I know we already have a captcha comp.  ;-)
> perhaps it's possible to add the "reCAPTCHA" functionality as a
> feature to the existing component?

+1, rather than a new component

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.