Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/11/25 19:23:37 UTC

Re: [mp2] still a problem? on windows $pool->clear, followed by $pool->destroy breaks other tests

[re-adding CC: dev]

Steve Hay wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Guys, can you still reproduce the problem:
>>
>>* on windows $pool->clean, followed by $pool->destroy breaks other tests
>>  See test TestAPR::pool
>>  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=108547894817083&w=2
>>  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108542190200002&r=1&w=2
>>
>>APR::Pool implementation has changed, so please confirm if this is still a
>> problem.
>>

> How do I get the latest version these days?  Is it still CVS, or is it
> in SVN now?
>
> If it's SVN, then I need some instructions since I've hardly ever used
> it before.  (I do have it installed, though.)  The notes at
>
>     http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html
>
> still speak about CVS.

It's not updated yet. The updated info is here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Downloading_the_mod_perl_Source

> Anyway, I've just checked out the current *CVS* version, and it looks
> good...

that should be good enough for this purpose.

>>To save you reading, please apply this patch and run:
>>
>> t/TEST apr/pool compat/send_fd
>> t/TEST apr/pool directive/setupenv
>>
>>which were previously failing...
>>

> They both pass OK now for me.  I'm running perl 5.8.5 and Apache 2.0.50.
>
> In fact, the whole test suite passes all tests with your pool.pm patch
> in place,

Cool. So it looks like the last rewrite of Pool code had fixed many other
problems. Randy, is that the case for you too?

> so long as I have
>
>     t\perl\ithreads
>
> in t/SKIP, otherwise it crashes on that test (which has been the case
> for ages now).

Yeah, I know :(

Re: [mp2] still a problem? on windows $pool->clear, followed by $pool->destroy breaks other tests

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Steve Hay wrote:
[...]
> C:\Temp>svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk/
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk': Could not create SSL
> connection through proxy server (https://svn.apache.org)

I was told that the svn server is down for a few hours. Please try again
later.

Re: [mp2] still a problem? on windows $pool->clear, followed by $pool->destroy breaks other tests

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@uk.radan.com>.
Stas Bekman wrote:

>Steve Hay wrote:
>

>>Stas Bekman wrote:

>>>It's not updated yet. The updated info is here:
>>>http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Downloading_the_mod_perl_Source
>>>

>>I tried running the command there, namely:
>>
>>svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk/
>>mod_perl-2.0
>>
>>but I just got the response:
>>
>>svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk'
>>svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk': 503 (Connection
>>refused by server) (http://svn.apache.org)
>>
>>What's wrong?  Our IT guy has enabled traffic on port 3690, and svn
>>checkout's from other repositories work OK, e.g. this command:
>>
>>svn co http://svn.mutatus.co.uk/repos/libnet/trunk
>>
>>successfully gets me the latest libnet snapshot.
>>

>Any luck with https?
>
>svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk/

Sadly not, but it's a different error:

C:\Temp>svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk/
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk': Could not create SSL
connection through proxy server (https://svn.apache.org)

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: [mp2] still a problem? on windows $pool->clear, followed by $pool->destroy breaks other tests

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@uk.radan.com>.
Stas Bekman wrote:

>Steve Hay wrote:
>

>>How do I get the latest version these days?  Is it still CVS, or is it
>>in SVN now?
>>
>>If it's SVN, then I need some instructions since I've hardly ever used
>>it before.  (I do have it installed, though.)  The notes at
>>
>>    http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html
>>
>>still speak about CVS.
>>

>It's not updated yet. The updated info is here:
>http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Downloading_the_mod_perl_Source

I tried running the command there, namely:

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk/
mod_perl-2.0

but I just got the response:

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk': 503 (Connection
refused by server) (http://svn.apache.org)

What's wrong?  Our IT guy has enabled traffic on port 3690, and svn
checkout's from other repositories work OK, e.g. this command:

svn co http://svn.mutatus.co.uk/repos/libnet/trunk

successfully gets me the latest libnet snapshot.

- Steve