Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jack Hirasawa <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/29 05:51:47 UTC

C2 / WebSphere Installation Instructions

Finally....

I finally got Cocoon 2 to work on WebSphere 3.5.4

Here's the skinny...

1) build it as per instructions
2) convert WAR file (deploy on WebSphere)
3) Add all the jar files in Cocoon\lib to the classpath in the Server
Command line arguments (I put Xerces in front just in case)
4) Also add the cocoon jar file to the server command line arguments
5) Also add to the server command line arguments the following:

-Dorg.apache.cocoon.components.parser.Parser=org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.XercesParser
6) Add the following Init parameters to the Cocoon2 Servlet:
	Init Parm Name                              Init Parm Value
	org.apache.cocoon.component.parser.Parser
org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.XercesParser
      force-load
com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler
	classpath-attribute
com.ibm.websphere.servlet.application.classpath
7) In the document root, edit cocoon.xconf and activate XercesParser by
moving the following line out of the comment block:
      <parser class="org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.XercesParser"/>
8) Copy the the WEB-INF directory from the web directory to the servlets
directory (WTF IBM?)
9) Add an entry with an '*' after the web application path name to the
Servlet Web Path List in the Servlet configuration
      e.g. default_host/cocoon/
	     default_host/cocoon/*
10) Meditate on the impermanence of life (to invoke virtuous karma)
11) Say 3 Hail Marys (can't hurt)
12) Call your broker and place a "BUY" order on NYSE ticker symbol "IBM"
(this step is very important)
13) Start up the Server (this step helps)
14) Open a browser and go to http://localhost/cocoon/
15) Say "Wow - it works!" or "Damn - I forgot something"
16) Call your broker to cancel the "BUY" order and place a "SHORT SELL"
order on NYSE ticker symbol "IBM"
17) Have a dram of Lagavulin...perhaps have many drams...
18) Dream of one day working on a REAL J2EE app server.

Oh, almost forgot, make sure your server is in full 2.2 compliance mode.

How does one contribute this to the Cocoon 2 installation page?  I'm sure
there are a lot of frustrated WebSphere users out there.

Jack