Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Ledbrook <pe...@august.uk.com> on 2003/08/21 17:13:48 UTC

Are multiple tag working copies

Hi,

I have a project structure in my subversion repository that contains some
site-specific configuration files in a config/site sub-directory. My aim is
to be able to easily get a working copy of the project at any given revision
with a particular site's configuration. So, I tried to branch the site
directory only, check out a working copy of HEAD, and then check out the
configuration files for our site into the same working copy. At which point
I got the error:

svn: Obstructed update
svn: '' is already a working copy for a different url

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can achieve my aim?

Thanks,

Peter

Re: Are multiple tag working copies

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Peter Ledbrook <pe...@august.uk.com> writes:
> directory only, check out a working copy of HEAD, and then check out the
> configuration files for our site into the same working copy. At which point
> I got the error:
>
> svn: Obstructed update
> svn: '' is already a working copy for a different url
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how I can achieve my aim?

You probably want 'svn switch' or 'svn switch -r<N>'.