Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Gaber <Br...@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca> on 2009/12/08 14:47:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2.2.14 on 64 bit AIX 6.1

	After I build and install Apache in the /modules/ directory I
have paired files like libmod_dbd.a and mod_dbd.la.  The httpd.conf has
all modules with a .so extension.  Have I compiled incorrectly?  Here is
the compile environment:

export CC="cc_r -q64"
export CFLAGS="-qmaxmem=16384 -DSYSV -D_AIX61 -D_ALL_SOURCE
-DFUNCPROTO=15 -O -I/opt/freeware/include"
export CXX="xlC"
export CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS
export LD=ld
export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/freeware/lib"
export OBJECT_MODE=64

	Here is the configure statement:

./configure \
--with-mpm=prefork \
--with-ssl=/opt/freeware \
--enable-cern-meta \
--enable-dbd \
--enable-deflate \
--enable-expires \
--enable-info \
--enable-proxy \
--enable-rewrite \
--enable-speling \
--enable-ssl \
--enable-vhost-alias \
--enable-mods-shared="cern_meta dbd deflate expires info proxy rewrite
speling ssl vhost_alias"

RE: [users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2.2.14 on 64 bit AIX 6.1

Posted by Brian Gaber <Br...@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca>.
> Google can find the thread titled "problem with build on AIX 6.1" from
the development list.

Thanks, this gave me the information to fix my problem:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg45729.html

I replaced the four Apache httpd config.guess with the AutoMake
config.guess that contains *:AIX:*:[456]

I compiled exactly the same way as before and now I get modules with the
so extension.

Re: [users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2.2.14 on 64 bit AIX 6.1

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

--