Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by to...@gsk.com on 2004/12/03 13:22:04 UTC

Re: Client side AXIS without application server

Axis can be used on the client, or the server, or both. So you should have
no problem. There is no real installation to do, on the client. Just use
the axis.jar file, plus some associated jar files, that come with the
distribution, and program as normal. You can either generate client code
using the WSDL2Java tool, which comes with Axis, or use the Service class,
instantiating with the WSDL file/URL and then working with a Call object,
that the Service can generate.

Take a look at the Axis documentation, there should be client examples in
there somewhere.

Tony

"Markus Wahl XA (KC/EMW)" <ma...@ericsson.com> wrote on
03/12/2004 11:36:11: