Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2006/01/24 13:56:26 UTC

Obtain authentication data inside and outside of protected pipeline?

I am trying to obtain authentication data inside and outside of protected pipeline.

INSIDE the pipeline I have :

<map:match pattern="docs/show-**">
  <map:act type="auth-protect">
    <map:parameter name="handler" value="myhandler"/>

  <map:match pattern="docs/show-protected">
      <map:generate src="docs/protected.xml"/>
      <map:transform type="session"/>
      <map:transform src="stylesheets/page.xsl">
     <map:parameter name="userid" value="{session-context:authentication/authentication/ID}"/>
   </map:transform>
      <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

And this works OK (I can obtain "userid").

OUTSIDE the pipeline I have :

   <map:match pattern="docs/*.htm">
     <map:generate src="docs/{1}.xml"/>
   <map:call resource="page2html"/>
   <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

and in the resource section:

 <map:resources>
   <map:resource name="page2html">
     <map:transform src="stylesheets/page.xsl">
       <map:parameter name="userid"  value="{ID}"/>
    <!--  HAVE ALSO TRIED
    <map:parameter name="userid"  value="{session-context:/authentication/authentication/ID}"/>
      <map:parameter name="userid"  value="{session-attr:ID}"/>
    -->
     </map:transform>
   </map:resource>
 </map:resources>

 But this does not work after the user has logged in?

 What is the correct method for obtaining authentication data
 outside of a protected pipeline?

 Thanks
 Derek

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

HelpDesk@csir.co.za.

and is believed to be clean.

Re: Obtain authentication data inside and outside of protected pipeline?

Posted by Jonas Lundberg <my...@gmail.com>.
I might be wrong, but I think that authentication data is only
available inside  <map:act type="auth-protect"></map:act>

Regards
Hans