Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org> on 2017/10/05 17:37:44 UTC

change to cdn.conf

Hi, all..

With our ongoing effort to move Traffic Ops from the Perl Mojolicious
framework to Go,   one thing that's hampered this effort is
duplication of configuration.   The cdn.conf has always been in Perl
hash form.

To prevent the need to parse Perl constructs in Go,  I've introduced a
change that reads it instead in JSON,  which can easily be read by
both Go and Perl:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/pull/1350

The change is actually fairly simple and does not change the Perl side
at all,  but all configuration is now together.   I still kept the
database configuration separate.

This change will go in to Traffic Ops 2.2.   The release notes will
describe the change and how to change the configuration when
upgrading.

Any comments or suggestions to this change are welcome..

-dan

Re: change to cdn.conf

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.
In the future it would be nice to send a note to the dev list before it's
merged.

Thanks,
Dave