Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2020/08/10 13:10:48 UTC

[CI] Creating Jobs on New ci-builds Machine

Hi,

I've just set up a matrix build for Ant's master branch on Linux

https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Ant/job/Ant-Build-Matrix-master-Linux/

this is more or less a verbatim copy of the build on the old Jenkins
instance which will go out of duty by the end of the week.

The matrix promises to build Java 8 to 16, we'll see.

I intend to also migrate AntUnit (so we do have a template for Antlib
builds) and maybe the Windows Matrix for Ant's master. Every Ant
committer should be able to set up builds on the new box.

Initially I intended to use the pipeline plugin and a Jenkinsfile but
decided to take the eadier route of copying the existingbuild definition
for now.

Stefan

Re: [CI] Creating Jobs on New ci-builds Machine

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2020-08-10, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 at 16:23, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

>> The IvyDE build fails because it wants Eclipse, I'm not familiar
>> enough with the build to fix it.

> It looks like you copied only the second Ant run which does "dist
> checkstyle rat", but not the first one which does "clean jenkins-prepare".

Good catch, thanks!

Posted by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 at 16:23, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2020-08-10, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
> > I intend to also migrate AntUnit (so we do have a template for Antlib
> > builds) and maybe the Windows Matrix for Ant's master.
>
> Both done, as well as Compress Antlib, Ivy, Ivy Tests and IvyDE. The
> IvyDE build fails because it wants Eclipse, I'm not familiar enough with
> the build to fix it.

It looks like you copied only the second Ant run which does "dist
checkstyle rat", but not the first one which does "clean jenkins-prepare".

Gintas

Re: [CI] Creating Jobs on New ci-builds Machine

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.