Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/22 02:25:31 UTC

Build issues

I think one of the issue with our build is that we have a subproject,
"tapestry-annotations" that generates an artifact,
"org.apache.tapestry:tapestry5-annotations".  This causes a number of
problems ... its necessary to avoid a conflict with the (now ancient)
Tapestry 4 tapestry-annotations.

In any case, it may make things work better (especially in terms of
IDE support) if the sub-project folder was renamed to
tapestry5-annotations.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Build issues

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.
That's definitely been an issue for me.  Not from the CLI, but trying to use, eg, intellij.

Robert

Re: Build issues

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think one of the issue with our build is that we have a subproject,
> "tapestry-annotations" that generates an artifact,
> "org.apache.tapestry:tapestry5-annotations".  This causes a number of
> problems ... its necessary to avoid a conflict with the (now ancient)
> Tapestry 4 tapestry-annotations.
>
> In any case, it may make things work better (especially in terms of
> IDE support) if the sub-project folder was renamed to
> tapestry5-annotations.

I'm not a gradle expert but wouldn't a move away from the current in
use source base structure be a good move? At least for modules which
has not dep on others... Something like the Tynamo project has.

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Build issues

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm willing to rename that sub-project.  I guess I'll take care of it.

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a temporary work around, until renaming the folder is decided, I've
> checked in
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/trunk/tapestry-ioc/build.gradle?rev=1141205&r1=1141204&r2=1141205&view=diff
>
> so that I can install to my local repository. I believe something
> similar needs to be done with deployer, but I can't test a deploy so I
> didn't make the change.
>
> Josh
>
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think one of the issue with our build is that we have a subproject,
>> "tapestry-annotations" that generates an artifact,
>> "org.apache.tapestry:tapestry5-annotations".  This causes a number of
>> problems ... its necessary to avoid a conflict with the (now ancient)
>> Tapestry 4 tapestry-annotations.
>>
>> In any case, it may make things work better (especially in terms of
>> IDE support) if the sub-project folder was renamed to
>> tapestry5-annotations.
>>
>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry