Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by kennyut <ke...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/27 23:54:40 UTC

After compression, the table folders under hdfs://hbase are empty

I tried to test HBase's data compression, I used two separate codes below:

non-compression code:
create 'SMT_KO1', {NAME=>'info', COMPRESSION=> 'NONE',  VERSIONS => 5},
                   {NAME=>'usg', COMPRESSION=> 'NONE;,  VERSIONS => 10},
                   SPLITS=> ['0','1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8',
'9']

compression code:
create 'SMT_KO2', {NAME=>'info', COMPRESSION=>'lz4',  VERSIONS => 5},
                   {NAME=>'usg', COMPRESSION=>'lz4',  VERSIONS => 10},
                   SPLITS=> ['0','1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8',
'9']

I can find two data folders under my hdfs://hbase path. One is SMT_KO1 and
the other is SMT_KO2.
The SMT_KO1 looks OK, the total folder size is around 3.1 Gb, but the
SMT_KO2 which is created from the compression code has only 1008 bytes.

Does someone know where do those files go? Both tables look ok if I open
them in Hue's HBase browser.
Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Re: After compression, the table folders under hdfs://hbase are empty

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.
I am sorry fat-fingers..

Artem Ervits

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.
Artem Ervits

Posted by kennyut <ke...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jean and Ted. I think i've found it. It's under:
/var/log/hbase

I am looking into the file. Will post update after.

Re: After compression, the table folders under hdfs://hbase are empty

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Have you looked a the default /var/log directory to see what you have there?

JM

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Which HBase release are you using ?

Have you checked region server log(s) and look for SMT_KO2 ?

Cheers