Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kay <go...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/13 07:02:43 UTC

ignite webSession clustering about session timeout

Hello,  I'd like to use ignite websession cluster ..
but, I'm wondering about ignite session timeout algorithm.
I figured out every websession data make with expiry policy in source code.
Is it only dependency of ignite cache expiry policy??

What happen if I made a class implements HttpSessionListener interface?
Is it going to be method working sessionDestroyed, sessionCreated??
Please help me..

Thank you.

Re: ignite webSession clustering about session timeout

Posted by Владимир Плигин <vo...@yandex.ru>.
Hi Kay,

Could you please describe your case with more details?

It would be great if you could explain what exactly confuses you in the Ignite
websession management algorithm.

As far as I know it uses common java contract about the method
<https://javaee.github.io/javaee-
spec/javadocs/javax/servlet/http/HttpSession.html#getMaxInactiveInterval-->.

It declares that a session won't be expired if a return value of the method is
0 or less.

In that case it will be inserted into a cache without any expiration stuff and
will live forever.

Does it make sense?

13.04.2020, 10:02, "kay" <go...@gmail.com>:

> Hello, I'd like to use ignite websession cluster ..
> but, I'm wondering about ignite session timeout algorithm.
> I figured out every websession data make with expiry policy in source code.
> Is it only dependency of ignite cache expiry policy??
>
> What happen if I made a class implements HttpSessionListener interface?
> Is it going to be method working sessionDestroyed, sessionCreated??
> Please help me..
>
> Thank you.
>

> \--
> Sent from: <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/>