Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Werner Buchert <w....@medat.de> on 2006/02/06 14:40:35 UTC

Problem with Failover Transport

Hi,

we are using the latest 4.0-M4 Version and have the problem,
that the Transport Option

useExponentialBackOff

doesn't work anymore, in the 3.1 Version it was okay.
It is always using 'initialReconnectDelay'
without multiplying it with the backOffMultiplier.

The URI we are using is very simple:

failover:tcp://localhost:9207

I've tried it with the other option like

failover:(tcp://localhost:9207)?initialReconnectDelay=100&useExponentialBackOff&backOffMultiplier

but doesn't work.
I've looked in

org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport.java

and it seems okay.

What I'm doing wrong.
And another question about configuring. Is it possible to change
the Transport Option after starting our Swing Client, because, if
the Swing Client is shutting down and an ActiveMQ Broker isn't running,
the Swing Client hangs, because he is always trying to reconnect to
the Broker. If I can change the maxReconnectAttempts Transport Option to
1 before shutting the Client, it would be great.
Or what is a better solution?

Thanks and best regards,

Werner Buchert.
Medat GmbH