Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "yeweichen2010@gmail.com" <ye...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/03 11:08:13 UTC

Wrong Configuration lead to a failure when enabling table

Hi, all,

II did the following command in hbase shell:

disable 'TestTable'
alter 'TestTable', CONFIGURATION => {'hbase.regionserver.region.split.policy' => 'xxxxxxxxx'}
enable 'TestTable'

At first I want to put "org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.ConstantSizeRegionSplitPolicy" to the place "xxxxxxxxx", but because a spelling error, now is something wrong in this configuration. After I enable the table, it failed bacause of ClassNotFound.

Now is the problem: the table failed to enable and stay in a middle status. The table is neither enabled nor disabled now. How can I save my table and fix the wrong configuration?

yeweichen2010@gmail.com

Re: Re: Wrong Configuration lead to a failure when enabling table

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.
I think the only way out here is to clear the zookeeper node.  But am not
sure on the ramifications of that.

Which version are you using?  The newer versions are 'protobuf'fed.

Are you running this in production?

Regards
Ram

Posted by "yeweichen2010@gmail.com" <ye...@gmail.com>.