Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Mark Tomko <mt...@broadinstitute.org> on 2015/05/06 00:05:43 UTC

Tuples emitted but not transferred

Hi,

I have a topology that we're working on that seems to have a very long
start-up time, even after the bolts log that they have been prepared.
Looking at the Storm UI, I see tuples that have been "Emitted" but not
"Transferred". The transferred count is 0 for all components, and the
topology has an uptime now of nearly 50 minutes. The logs are free of
exceptions or any other evidence of workers being stopped and started. Does
anyone have any suggestions of what I should look for?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Tuples emitted but not transferred

Posted by Mark Tomko <mt...@broadinstitute.org>.
I figured the problem out. It's a little embarrassing, but I hope someone
can learn from my mistake! It was related to an initialization order bug in
my own code, resulting in setting the max spout pending to be set to 0 in
some cases. Oops.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>.

Posted by Mark Tomko <mt...@broadinstitute.org>.