Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Becky Cartine <bs...@yahoo.com> on 2013/01/24 22:45:04 UTC

Configuring Domain in Links

I would like to know how to configure roller so that all links have the domain name of the site instead of the IP address.
For example, if the site is www.my-example.com,
the home page of the blog has a post with a link "Read More",
but the URL of the link has "xx.xxx.xx.xxx/roller/.." instead of "my-example.com/roller/.."

System Information below:

Apache Roller Weblogger Version 4.0.1
Tomcat 7
Linux OS

Re: Configuring Domain in Links

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Becky Cartine <bs...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would like to know how to configure roller so that all links have the
> domain name of the site instead of the IP address.
> For example, if the site is www.my-example.com,
> the home page of the blog has a post with a link "Read More",
> but the URL of the link has "xx.xxx.xx.xxx/roller/.." instead of "
> my-example.com/roller/.."
>
> System Information below:
>
> Apache Roller Weblogger Version 4.0.1
> Tomcat 7
> Linux OS

You can do that via the Roller Server Admin -> Configuration page.

Put the URL that you would like to use in the "Absolute URL to this site"
field

e.g. on my site I set this to http://rollerweblogger.org

- Dave