Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Zain Haider Nemati <za...@retailo.co> on 2022/05/02 13:36:50 UTC

Pyflink -> Redshift/S3/Firehose

Hi,
I am working on writing a flink processor which has to send transformed
data to redshift/S3.
I do not find any sort of documentation for pyflink in reference to how to
send data to firehose,s3 or redshift. Would appreciate some help here.

Re: Pyflink -> Redshift/S3/Firehose

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
It uses connectors to send data to external storages. It should be noted
that it shares the connector implementations between Java API and Python
API and so if you could find a Java connector, usually it could be also be
used in PyFlink.

For firehose, it has provided a firehose sink connector in Flink 1.15
(still not released yet and should be released this week). You can refer to
Table API & SQL firehose connector [1] and DataStream firehose connector
[2] for more details. Regarding to how to use these connectors in PyFlink,
could refer to [3] [4] [5] for more details.

For s3, I guess you could use FileSystem connector. See [6][7] for more
details. Note that FileSystem connectors are introduced in earlier releases
and so you don't need to wait for Flink 1.15.

Regards,
Dian

[1]
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.15/docs/connectors/table/firehose/