Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/05/26 22:35:28 UTC

normalizing spark tarball dependency in Hive build

Hi.
I was trying to build Hive on a slow connection (or I could have no
connection for that matter), and pulling
"http://d3jw87u4immizc.cloudfront.net/spark-tarball/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2
-without-hive.tgz” was taking forever (I ctrl-c-ed it eventually).
On a good note it did appear to respect “-o” on rebuild attempt (either
that, or whatever was remaining from the canceled build sufficed for the
mvn install -o … build that followed).
Is it possible to get this dependency via some more conventional means
like maven?

Re: normalizing spark tarball dependency in Hive build

Posted by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>.
It’s possible to publish binaries to central.
For example, your kit redistributable is published this way:
http://search.maven.org/#browse|928812221

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.