Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Er...@inventivedesigners.com on 2004/09/28 17:19:28 UTC

HTTPSender and proxying [Jira ID AXIS-1349]

I'm running axis 1.2 beta and I noticed that it's request could not be
proxied. Delving into the Axis code didn't get me very far :-) and some
searching eventually led me to AXIS-1349 which exactly nails the problem.
Since the bug is still open I guess it's not yet fixed. The workarround
suggested in the bugreport is to use the commons http client.

So my question is twofold :

1) are there known issues or gotchas with switching to the commons http
client ? In long forgotten times I have been toying with the beta (or
something unstable because there was no release yet) of 2.0 and noticed
quite a lot of problems for my simple needs. I wonder if the project has
in the mean time matured.

2) Inquisitive as I am,  if this library is good, why is commons http
client not the default ? Should HttpSender not be scrapped and just
replaced ? If not, why ? I remember reading about having the two http
implementations on the Axis site, in the early days before 1.0 was
released. Now I can't even find a reference to it anymore .. or is it just
because it's monday today ;-) ?

Kind Regards,
Erik

---------

Erik Vanherck  -  System Programmer & Designer
Inventive Designers
Visit http://www.inventivedesigners.com
Visit http://www.inventivedesigners.com/scriptura for Scriptura
information !

Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Erik_Vanherck@inventivedesigners.com

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular
Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949