Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Gagandeep Singh <ga...@paxcel.net> on 2010/08/20 11:51:06 UTC

How row delete works

Hi

Can somebody please shed some light on the internal working of the HBase
delete operation. So when I perform a delete operation what exactly happens
underneath the code. Is my data removed immediately from the disk or else a
flag is set by HBase to mark those rows as deleted.

Thanks,
Gagan

RE: How row delete works

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>.
There is also explanation of deletes in the BigTable paper.

http://labs.google.com/papers/bigtable-osdi06.pdf

Re: How row delete works

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.