Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ajay Garg <aj...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/06 06:57:23 UTC

Basic query in setting up secure inter-dc cluster

Hi All.

We have a 2*2 cluster deployed, but no security as of now.
As a first stage, we wish to implement inter-dc security.

Is it possible to enable security one machine at a time?

For example, let's say the machines are DC1M1, DC1M2, DC2M1, DC2M2.
If I make the changes JUST IN DC2M2 and restart it, will the traffic
between DC1M1/DC1M2 and DC2M2 be secure? Or security will kick in ONLY
AFTER the changes are made in all the 4 machines?

Asking here, because I don't want to screw up a live cluster due to my lack
of experience.

Looking forward to some pointers.

Ajay

Re: Basic query in setting up secure inter-dc cluster

Posted by Ajay Garg <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everyone.

Kindly reply in "yes" or "no", as to whether it is possible to setup
encryption only between particular pair of nodes?
Or is it an "all" or "none" feature, where encryption is present between
EVERY PAIR of nodes, or in NO PAIR of nodes.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay

Posted by Ajay Garg <aj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ajay Garg <aj...@gmail.com>.