Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by it...@extaccount.com on 2014/11/10 10:06:43 UTC

WebSphere: Error in deltaspike-jsf-module while stopping application under WAS 8.0.0.9

Hello,

I've come across an issue when stopping an application that uses the deltaspike-jsf-module (ee6) (current SNAPSHOT of 1.1-Release). The JsfSystemEventBroadcaster tries to retrieve the BeanManager and can't do so, as an IllegalStateException is thrown.

Can you elaborate whether you know about this and if this is probably an error in the WAS CDI implementation? If so, I would gladly open a PMR with IBM to get this fixed.

The exception that occurs is:

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp notifyServletContextDestroyed SRVE0285E: Exception caught while destroying context: {0}
                                 java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find BeanManager. Please ensure that you configured the CDI implementation of your choice properly.
       at org.apache.deltaspike.core.api.provider.BeanManagerProvider.getBeanManager(BeanManagerProvider.java:201)
       at org.apache.deltaspike.jsf.impl.listener.system.JsfSystemEventBroadcaster.processEvent(JsfSystemEventBroadcaster.java:55)
       at javax.faces.event.SystemEvent.processListener(SystemEvent.java:43)
       at org.apache.myfaces.application.ApplicationImpl._traverseListenerList(ApplicationImpl.java:2134)
       at org.apache.myfaces.application.ApplicationImpl.access$000(ApplicationImpl.java:121)
       at org.apache.myfaces.application.ApplicationImpl$SystemListenerEntry.publish(ApplicationImpl.java:2321)
       at org.apache.myfaces.application.ApplicationImpl.publishEvent(ApplicationImpl.java:566)
       at org.apache.webbeans.jsf.OwbApplication.publishEvent(OwbApplication.java:474)
       at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.AbstractFacesInitializer._dispatchApplicationEvent(AbstractFacesInitializer.java:262)
       at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.AbstractFacesInitializer.destroyFaces(AbstractFacesInitializer.java:293)
       at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.contextDestroyed(StartupServletContextListener.java:153)
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.notifyServletContextDestroyed(WebApp.java:1748)
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.destroy(WebApp.java:3036)
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppImpl.destroy(WebAppImpl.java:1287)
       at com.ibm.ws.container.AbstractContainer.destroy(AbstractContainer.java:75)
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.destroy(WebGroup.java:228)
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.removeWebApplication(WebGroup.java:269)
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.VirtualHost.removeWebApplication(VirtualHost.java:297)
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.VirtualHostImpl.removeWebApplication(VirtualHostImpl.java:211)
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.removeWebApplication(WSWebContainer.java:820)
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.component.WebContainerImpl.uninstall(WebContainerImpl.java:454)
       at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.component.WebContainerImpl.stop(WebContainerImpl.java:725)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.stop(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1201)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.fireDeployedObjectStop(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:1374)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.stop(DeployedModuleImpl.java:671)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.stop(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:1148)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.stopApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:952)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.stopApplicationImpl(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1471)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.stop(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:2223)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.CompositionUnitMgrImpl.stop(CompositionUnitMgrImpl.java:446)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.CompositionUnitImpl.stop(CompositionUnitImpl.java:141)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.CompositionUnitMgrImpl$2.run(CompositionUnitMgrImpl.java:749)
       at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAs(ContextManagerImpl.java:5468)
       at com.ibm.ws.security.auth.ContextManagerImpl.runAsSystem(ContextManagerImpl.java:5594)
       at com.ibm.ws.security.core.SecurityContext.runAsSystem(SecurityContext.java:255)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.CompositionUnitMgrImpl.stopCompositionUnit(CompositionUnitMgrImpl.java:784)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.CompositionUnitMgrImpl.stopCompositionUnit(CompositionUnitMgrImpl.java:690)
       at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.stopApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1448)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
       at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:69)
       at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor40.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
       at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:272)
       at javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean$4.run(RequiredModelMBean.java:1152)
       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:298)
       at com.ibm.oti.security.CheckedAccessControlContext.securityCheck(CheckedAccessControlContext.java:30)
       at sun.misc.JavaSecurityAccessWrapper.doIntersectionPrivilege(JavaSecurityAccessWrapper.java:41)
       at javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invokeMethod(RequiredModelMBean.java:1146)
       at javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invoke(RequiredModelMBean.java:999)
       at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:847)
       at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:783)
       at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl$1.run(AdminServiceImpl.java:1335)
       at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
       at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl.invoke(AdminServiceImpl.java:1228)
       at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.AdminServiceDelegator.invoke(AdminServiceDelegator.java:181)
       at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.ipc.CallRouter.route(CallRouter.java:247)
       at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.ipc.IPCConnectorInboundLink.doWork(IPCConnectorInboundLink.java:360)
       at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.ipc.IPCConnectorInboundLink$IPCConnectorReadCallback.complete(IPCConnectorInboundLink.java:602)
       at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLReadServiceContext$SSLReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLReadServiceContext.java:1818)
       at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:175)
       at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
       at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
       at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
       at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
       at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)
       at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
       at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1702)

Best regards,

Heiko

AW: WebSphere: Error in deltaspike-jsf-module while stopping application under WAS 8.0.0.9

Posted by it...@extaccount.com.
Hey Mark,

Our real project had a EJB project as well. I stripped down the problem to a single WAR inside an EAR. I used your was_bugs-project on github and created a sample to demonstrate the bug. A PMR has been opened: IllegalStateException when accessing BeanManager in  JSF  SystemEventListener for PreDestroyApplicationEvent

was_bug11.ear
      was_bug11.war
            WEB-INF
                lib
                    deltaspike-core-api-1.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
                    deltaspike-core-impl-1.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
                    deltaspike-jsf-module-api-1.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
                    deltaspike-jsf-module-impl-1.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
                    deltaspike-security-module-api-1.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
                    deltaspike-security-module-impl-1.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

Apparently, Deltaspike is unable to determine the BeanManager when it tries to transport the JSF PreDestroyApplicationEvent. Even a JNDI lookup fails. Thus it seems, the CDI system has already been shut down at this time. Let's see what IBM has to say about this :-P

Regards,

Heiko

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.