Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pa...@aol.com on 2012/12/06 08:14:49 UTC

Re: Apache OO program crashes

Thank you very much, Andrea!  The tip in that User Profile
tutorial seemed to work at first, but then I experienced
another crash of the AOO program.  At present, it does
not seem to be as bad as before.  I experience fewer
program crashes than before.  I wish this could be
resolved completely.  It's frustrating to be working on
something and then having to restore the program. I
still have to re-enter the password, but so far I haven't
had to do a full reset of the password.

Thank you again, so much, for responding and helping!

Yours very truly,
Paine

In a message dated 11/14/2012 3:08:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pescetti@apache.org writes:

On  13/11/2012 Painius wrote:
> then I should notify all of you to see if  someone
> else has the problem and possibly a solution.  His tip  did
> not keep AOO from crashing, so here goes...

Frequent  crashes are often due to the first of our Known  Issues:
http://www.openoffice
.org/development/releases/3.4.1.html#AOO3.4.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

Apache  OpenOffice 3.4.0 and 3.4.1 manage the user profile differently
than  previous versions. The old user profile is automatically converted
so that  users can keep their extensions and settings. In a minority of
cases,  especially with highly customized profiles (many extensions or
customizations) the conversion doesn't succeed. Common symptoms are:
frequent application crashes, problems with dictionaries or thesaurus,
OpenOffice starting and crashing after a few seconds. To solve this,
just reset/rename your user profile as explained in the official
OpenOffice forum.
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12426

Regards,
Andrea.