Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by gi...@wipro.com on 2008/09/20 06:37:53 UTC

iBATIS : Exponential value issue

Hello,

We have an issue when we store expontential value in oracle database using iBATIS. When we store a value of 0E-16(which could be 0.0000000000030000) using iBATIS it is stored as 16 in database instead of 0(zero). When we store the same value using sql insert directly it is storing the value correctly(zero).

Precision of big decimal in application is 16.
Precision in database for this column is 8(column type is number 22,8).
JDBC mapping for this column in iBATIS SQL MAP is DECIMAL.

iBATIS version : 2.3
Oracle 10G

Please advise on what could be the possible issue and solution.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Girish

www.wipro.com

Re: iBATIS : Exponential value issue

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
I'd like to see the SQL statement, too...how do you jam a number like
that (0.0000000000030000) into a field with 8 decimal places (number
22,8)?

I'd also be curious as to the "Why?", but that's a secondary question. ;-)

Larry