Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Havard, Nick" <ni...@savvis.net> on 2007/03/23 20:39:12 UTC

POI and Powerpoint Tables

Hi

Whilst searching the archives, I came across the following
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-poi-user/200608.mbox/%3
c14623915750.20060814182540@dinom.ru%3e which says creating tables is
not yet supported. Give the age of the message (8 months), is creating
tables now supported.

If it is now possible, is it simply a matter of creating a ShapeGroup
and adding TextBox's at the appropriate grid coordinate.

Due to a bug I was hitting I have dowloaded and built the latest version
of the jar files, and am not using the downloadable jar's.

Thanks for your help.

Nick Havard

Re: POI and Powerpoint Tables

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Hi,

Tables are not yet supported. I hope to implement it during this year.

> If it is now possible, is it simply a matter of creating a ShapeGroup
> and adding TextBox's at the appropriate grid coordinate.

You can do it, but PPT won't recognize this group of shapes as
Table. Table is a complex container containing special records.

Regards,
Yegor