Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by JPee <pe...@softwareforen.de> on 2009/09/04 10:55:16 UTC

TTF Fonts in FOP v0_20_5

Hi,

I'm working with FOP embedded in a CMS and using verdana (referenced as
verdanattf.tff) and georgia (referenced as georgia.ttf), also with bold and
italic fonts of it.

When I generate a PDF and copy a word, everything i get is
 and not the correct letters, searching in the document is because of
that problem also not possible. Is there a way how it works correctly with
true type fonts?

Greetings

Re: TTF Fonts in FOP v0_20_5

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
On 04.09.2009 10:55, JPee wrote:
> I'm working with FOP embedded in a CMS and using verdana (referenced as
> verdanattf.tff) and georgia (referenced as georgia.ttf), also with bold and
> italic fonts of it.
>
> When I generate a PDF and copy a word, everything i get is
>  and not the correct letters, searching in the document is because of
> that problem also not possible.

FOP 0.20.5 doesn't generate CID maps which are necessary to copy or
search text associated with user defined fonts.

> Is there a way how it works correctly with
> true type fonts?

The PDF generated by FOP 0.20.5 allows copying and searching
only for texts rendered with built-in PDF fonts. Either you'll
have to use Times or Courier, or upgrade to FOP 0.95.

J.Pietschmann