Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by jp...@codemist.co.uk on 2006/05/16 11:31:15 UTC

Naive question on DCC

I thought I would add dcc to my spamassassin mix.  Loading the Debian
package failed as it kept giving the error "socket(UDP): Address
family not supported by protocol"
  So I d/loaded the latest sources and built.  I now get variously
"open(/var/dcc/map): Permission denied" or
"open(/var/dcc/map-new): Permission denied"

I suspect that the permissions are wrong somewhere, but attempts to
adjust have not changed much.

There is a user dcc who owns everything in /var/dcc, group set to
either dcc or root.

Could someone kindly tell be what ownerships/permissions actually work?
==John ffitch