Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/10 15:54:52 UTC

Geronimo Arthur: CI/site setup

Hi everyone,

Makes some days/weeks we have Arthur subproject now and I think it is
important to share some part of the setup.

First the CI is done on Github Actions ([1]). It includes Java 8 and 11
testing + security vulnerabilities scanning.
Rational is to try to encourage Github interactions which bring generally
more naturally contributors than ASF specific solutions.
It can be revised later but I think it is a good way to start and that we
should give it at least a try.

Then, the website deployment is intended to be done with commits. It is not
yet working - a svn credential issue on the CI machine. Since it requires
credentials, it is not done through Github Actions but on our well known
buildbot ([2]). I'm still working with Infra to make it functional.

Finally, the website had been published on our main site as a subcontext
([3]) with a logo contributed by Richard Lecomte (kudo man!). I still have
to write a few words on how the website generation works in the contribute
page - normally later today but I'm sure Java dev will not be lost ;). The
publication we are setting up on buildbot just relies on a plain
main(String...) and scm-publish plugin (command in the documetation pom.xml
file).

Don't hesitate to pop up if you want to join the adventure!

[1]
https://github.com/apache/geronimo-arthur/commit/b63f806fd8bccc422be1fc0468d6885e4212c9df/checks?check_suite_id=301771489
{2] https://ci.apache.org/builders/geronimo-arthur-site/
[3] https://geronimo.apache.org/arthur/