Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/03/06 22:55:10 UTC

CM system SVN or git?

Hi Everyone,
Seems like it is an option to use git at Apache.
I see for example that CloudStack is using git.
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-cloudstack.git.
Opinions?
I'm getting very close to being ready for the initial upload so now is
the time.
Kevin.

Re: CM system SVN or git?

Posted by Kevin Minder <km...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everyone,
I asked about this on the incubator list.  They said for the code svn vs git was up to us but the files for the site would have to be svn.  Given that my vote is for svn since I don't want to have to deal with two different systems.

So I'm going to start with the import tomorrow morning.  We can always back that out if we decide something else.

Kevin.

Re: CM system SVN or git?

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1...