Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za> on 2011/07/05 20:27:48 UTC

Wicket Viewer's security: problem with custom authenticator

Hi Dan,

I recall you writing before that you've done something special with
Wicket - which seems to be causing me some grief. As hinted at
previously, I've written a SqlAuthenticator, which I specify via
isis.properties, and which works with the HTML viewer.

isis.authentication=objstore.dflt.saip.authentication.SqlAuthenticationManagerInstaller

But on the Wicket viewer, I get a:

"Access Denied
You do not have access to the page you requested.
Return to home page"

after a successful login.

Any advice?

Regards,
Kevin

PS:
I also notice that the (wicket form?) parser strips leading and trailing
spaces from the login details - so my passwords that stars/end with
spaces never matches.

Re: Wicket Viewer's security: problem with custom authenticator

Posted by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
Hi Dan,

On 7 Jul 2011 at 8:05, Dan Haywood wrote:

> On 06/07/2011 13:47, Kevin Meyer - KMZ wrote:
> >
> > Any tips on how to logout of Wicket?
> >

> I was about to reply that it wasn't implemented, and offer some tips on
> how to... but when I got into it there was very little to it, so I
> implemented it (ISIS-104).
>
> So, do an "svn up" and when you run your app you should now see a logout
> link at the bottom.

Thanks! I see it.

I need to do a little more investigation, but I'm finding a quirk with
logging in - I often need to login twice to actually get into the
application (using the Wicket viewer)! The first time it just takes me
back to the login page, with no error or explanation.

Regards,
Kevin

Re: Wicket Viewer's security: problem with custom authenticator

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,
The vote is still going so far as I am concerned.

This particular thread related to a feature that wasn't implemented,
rather than something broken.

On a different thread Rob does seem to have an issue with building the
site, but I can't reproduce it, we have a workaround, and anyway the
site is only something that committers would usually build.

Thx
Dan

~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
On 6 Jul 2011 at 12:12, Dan Haywood wrote:

> There were a few spots you missed, so I've committed the remaining
> changes (rev 1143343).

Yikes, thanks - I realise I didn't run a full build to catch failing tests first.

Now that we're here, though, I've just discovered that the Wicket
viewer does not expose a "logout" action - I'm running in deployment
mode, at the moment (I had to add a sql user profile and installer - just
an empty shell, at the moment).

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Authorization is performed by Wicket.  If you look at
org.apache.isis.viewer.wicket.ui.pages.entity.EntityPage you'll see it
protected by a role of "org.starobjects.wicket.roles.USER".

Therefore your
org.apache.isis.core.commons.authentication.AuthenticationSession
returned by your authenticator must return a session with a role whose
string is that above (via #getRoles()).