Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Arunagiri Kaliappan <ar...@viterra.ca> on 2012/01/03 15:01:59 UTC

Clarification needed for Tomahawk datatable tag

Hi,

In our project (Portal application with JSF 1.1) , we are in need of showing the
columns vertically and also the number of columns is dynamic in nature.
We are using Apache MyFaces Tomahawk library for the above mentioned
requirement.

We have used <t:datatable> and <t:columns> tags. We have used the same datamodel
(list datamodel which is made up of ArrayList which in turn contains objects)
for both datatable and columns tags value attribute. But, the columns are
displayed correctly only when the number of columns is 3 and above. For the
columns below 3, the display is not proper.

Can you please suggest as how to proceed further?

Please do the needful.

Thanks & Regards,
Arunagiri K

Arunagiri Kaliappan

Chennai

Mailto:arunagiri.kaliappan@viterra.ca
www.viterra.ca

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify me immediately by return
e-mail, delete this e-mail and do not copy, use or disclose it.

Re: Clarification needed for Tomahawk datatable tag

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I think we're going to have to see your actual page code to help any
further.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
You're welcome.

Using the panelGrid columns="1" suggestion would probably do the same thing.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 4:21 AM, Arunagiri Kaliappan <

Posted by Arunagiri Kaliappan <ar...@viterra.ca>.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your suggestion.
The problem got resolved by butting <f:verbatim><br></f:verbatim> between every
display of components inside <t:columns>

For example:

  <t:columns value="#{pc_TestNewView.orderListData}" var="column">
  <h:inputText value="#{row.orderNo}" rendered="#{row.orderNo eq
  column.orderNo}"/>
  <f:verbatim><br></f:verbatim>
  <h:inputText value="#{row.productName}" rendered="#{row.orderNo eq
  column.orderNo}"/>
  <f:verbatim><br></f:verbatim>
  <h:inputText value="#{row.price}" rendered="#{row.orderNo eq column.orderNo}"
  />
  <f:verbatim><br></f:verbatim>
  <h:inputText value="#{row.qty}" rendered="#{row.orderNo eq column.orderNo}"/>
  </t:columns>

Thanks & Regards,
Arunagiri K

Arunagiri Kaliappan

Chennai

Mailto:arunagiri.kaliappan@viterra.ca
www.viterra.ca

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify me immediately by return
e-mail, delete this e-mail and do not copy, use or disclose it.

             Mike Kienenberger
             <mkienenb@gmail.com
                                         Arunagiri Kaliappan
             01/05/2012 11:35 AM         <ar...@viterra.ca>
                                                                             cc
                                         MyFaces Discussion
                                         <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
                                                                        Subject
[...]

                         01/04/2012 11:37 AM                                 To

                                                     MyFaces Discussion <
                                                     users@myfaces.apache.org>

                                                                             cc

                                                     Arunagiri Kaliappan <
                                                     arunagiri.kaliappan@viterr
                                                     a.ca>

                                                                        Subject

                                                     Re: Clarification needed
                                                     for Tomahawk datatable tag

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aramudhan Divakaran <ar...@viterra.ca>.
Hi Mike,

[...]

             01/04/2012 11:07 PM         <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
                                                                             cc
                                         Arunagiri Kaliappan
              Please respond to          <ar...@viterra.ca>
             MyFaces Discussion                                         Subject
             <users@myfaces.apac         Re: Clarification needed for Tomahawk
                   he.org>               datatable tag

Posted by Arunagiri Kaliappan <ar...@viterra.ca>.
Hi,