Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by hipjiveguy <br...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/10 17:43:06 UTC

How to not touch the session when doing Ajax requests?

Our app is a "single page javascript app", and displays real time data to a
user.

It needs to constantly update the local data store by querying the server
using ajax of course for authenticated users only.

We do want the app to timeout the users session if they've been logged in
too long without user interaction.

But we find that doing ajax polling every minute is keeping the session
alive. What's the best way to handle this? I see this old thread about this
topic here:

http://shiro-user.582556.n2.nabble.com/How-to-not-quot-touch-quot-session-td6174681.html

Is this still be only approach? If so, is there an example of this anywhere?

Thanks,

Brad