Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Elaine Berger <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/14 19:48:20 UTC

Office Calc crash

Hello,

I was updating a list of companies that I have built up for a month and
after updating my latest entry, the spreadsheet just closed on me. When
reopening it, lots of entries were gone. That is a whole day work. I have
used this list for follow up of out coming mail. In all, 60 companies are
gone along with their addresses, phone numbers and contact person.

I was not able to retrieve a previous version. It is saved on a USB key who
was not saving previous copies (Now it is!)

Is there somehow a way to retrieve those data?

And by the way, I have experienced lots of software crashes with the Calc
program.

Thanks for your help!

Elaine

Re: Office Calc crash

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Elaine,
Unfortunately you are turning to the wrong mailing list. Apache is a large
community of ~300 projects, of which Apache Open Office is a relatively
small part. This mailing list discusses issues that are common across all
projects, and not specific to any particular piece of software.

I think you should contact, users@openoffice.apache.org, which might
require you to so called "subscribe" first to be guaranteed to reach it.
See
http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html#users-mailing-list-public
for details on that.

Good Luck