Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de> on 2014/02/07 15:34:12 UTC

Logging in OpenMeetings-Log

Hi all,
may someone tell me how I get any events logged in the openmeetings.log
or red5.log?
I tried "LoggerFactory.getLogger(*.class);", but this didn't do the job.
Any suggestions?
best regards,
Rene'
--

~~~~~~~
*Dr.-Ing. Rene' Rosenbaum

Re: Logging in OpenMeetings-Log

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.
Hi Maxime,
thanks for the clarification! It was not clear to me whether there are
any channels established to write log messages to the server. I restored
the original logging mechanism now. All the log messages are written to
the screensharing.log (located in the download directory (the one the
underlying public_9.jnlp is written to) as stated. Great!

Maxime (or someone else with expertise in logging), if you let me know
the different "contexts" steering where the messages are written to
(error/openmeetings/red5 log), I can compile and summarize this
information for future reference.

Here's the template which needs to be completed (did I miss an option?):
*How to write to server logs?*

Init:
-----

import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.red5.logging.Red5LoggerFactory;
(import org.apache.openmeetings.OpenmeetingsVariables;)

private static final Logger logger = Red5LoggerFactory.getLogger(*.class, webAppRootKey); // you might need OpenmeetingsVariables.webAppRootKey

Openmeetings.log:  webAppRootKey= ??? (default)
error.log:  webAppRootKey= ???
red5.log:  webAppRootKey= ???

Call:
------
-> logger.warn("log msg");
-> logger.debug("log msg");

*How to write to client log (Screensharing servlet)?*

Init:
-----

import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;

private static final Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(ScreenSharerFrame.class);

screensharing.log (located in download directory)

Call:
------
-> logger.warn("log msg");
-> logger.debug("log msg");