Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com> on 2012/11/24 23:10:50 UTC

Test Case Management tool

Hi All,

Wanted to check if Apache has any TCM software available for us to use.
If not can we use Test Link?? https://www.facebook.com/MyTestlink

Currently we are posting test cases on wiki but may not be efficient as we grow

Thanks
/Sudha

RE: Test Case Management tool

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
Sudha

Testlink is available in Jenkins as a plugin https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/TestLink+Plugin

Thanks
Animesh

Yes Chip. We started to use Test Link. If Apache has some infrastructure already in place, extending it to Cloustack would be best option. If not we can use Test link.  It has standard export and import options.

> Wanted to check if Apache has any TCM software available for us to use.
> If not can we use Test Link?? https://www.facebook.com/MyTestlink
>
> Currently we are posting test cases on wiki but may not be efficient
> as we grow
>
> Thanks
> /Sudha

Sudha,

After searching, I haven't been able to find one.  I've actually used Jira in the past for this, but it's clunky and repetitive (so I don't recommend we do it that way).

If we were to use Test Link, it would require hosting it somewhere, right?  Is that what Citrix currently uses internally?  What sort of data import options would we have available (or are you thinking we would manually enter the test cases into whatever tool is selected)?

-chip

RE: Test Case Management tool

Posted by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.