Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Denis Weerasiri <dd...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/24 07:00:48 UTC

SVG support in IE7?

Does IE7 support for SVG?. Is there a app. called Google excanvas which will
enable the SVG support in IE7?

Re: SVG support in IE7?

Posted by Andreas Neumann <a....@carto.net>.
no, neither IE7 nor IE8 natively support SVG. You need a plugin, such as
the now unsupported Adobe SVG viewer or Examotion's SVG plugin.

All other browsers (Opera, Firefox, Safari/Webkit, Google Chrome) do
support SVG natively.

There is also the option of using Batik as an applet in IE, but you'd
need a modern JRE to use it.

Andreas

Denis Weerasiri wrote:
> Does IE7 support for SVG?. Is there a app. called Google excanvas
> which will enable the SVG support in IE7?

Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6
CH-8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)
Switzerland
Phone: ++41-44-2736668
Email: a.neumann@carto.net

Web: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG Examples: http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/samples/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/

Re: SVG support in IE7?

Posted by Denis Weerasiri <dd...@gmail.com>.
Thank You.

Re: SVG support in IE7?

Posted by Mikael <mi...@telia.com>.
excanvas is an extension to IE7 to add support for the canvas tag and as far as I know that will allow
you to draw 2D graphics but it is not SVG.

  Does IE7 support for SVG?. Is there a app. called Google excanvas which will enable the SVG support in IE7?